Attention Juneau Voters:
We quizzed the six candidates for seats on the City and Borough of Juneau Assembly. While First Things First Alaska Foundation does not endorse any candidates, it is important to know if a candidate intends to govern in a manner that promotes economic and resource development in Juneau and Southeast Alaska. Each were asked the following questions:
1. Is economic development your number one priority for the City and Borough of Juneau? If not, please explain what priority(ies) you hold higher and why. If your answer is yes, what are your plans for helping to bring and retain living-wage jobs to the community?
2. What are your thoughts on reopening the AJ Mine?
3. In what ways can the CBJ help contain the living expenses of area residents; and how will you help this effort?
4. List the top three industries in Juneau and the number each employs. What are the means and outlook to grow these industries?
5. Do you support road access between Juneau and the rest of the state? ___Yes ___No
6. Do you support the State’s lawsuit to abolish the Tongass Roadless Rule? ___Yes ___No
Here are their responses (responses are reprinted exactly as submitted):
Areawide Seat Candidates
Loren Jones – Click here to read his responses
Geni Del Rosario – Click here to read her responses
Carlton Smith – Click here to read his responses
District 1 Candidates
Jesse Kiehl – Click here to read his responses
Brad Fluetsch – Click here to read his responses
District 2 Candidate:
Randy Wanamaker – Stay tuned to see his responses