Information on the Summit, Tourism, and the Economy:
- Economic Impacts of Visitor Industry in Juneau 2007-2008 (McDowell Group)
- What Drives the Alaskan Economy? ISER
- The Fallacy of Tax Exportability – by J. Scott Moody, M.A.
- Economics of Travel & Tourism Taxes
- The Tax Foundation – USA Today on Tourism Taxes
- Taken for a Ride: Economic Effects of Car Rental Taxes – by William G. Gale Ph.D. and Kim Rueben Ph.D.
- Cruise executive blames head tax for revenue drop – Juneau Empire
- Victoria Advocate | Summit participants push repeal of cruise tax
- NewsMiner.com • Tourism group in Juneau pushes repeal of cruise tax
- Travel Weekly
- AK Voices: Paulette Simpson : Talking Tourism Part II | adn.com
- VoxBox » Blog Archive » Do you think the $50 head tax on cruise ship passengers is causing a reduction in tourism visits to Juneau?
Clips from the Summit participants:
- Senator Stedman addresses the Economic Summit on Tourism from Brad Fluetsch on Vimeo.
- Representative Cathy Munoz speaks with the Economic Summit on Tourism from Brad Fluetsch onVimeo.
- Rep. Bill Thomas addresses Economic Summit on Tourism from Brad Fluetsch on Vimeo.
Juneau Chamber of Commerce Meetings:
- Ralph Samuels of Holland America addresses the Juneau Chamber from Brad Fluetsch on Vimeo.
- Lorene Palmer and Ron Peck discuss Alaskas’ Tourism Marketing Budget from Brad Fluetsch on Vimeo.
- Ron Peck and Steve Hites respond to a question on the Cruise Ship Initative from Brad Fluetsch onVimeo.